Pomegranate and Fig Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 small pears
- Seeds from 3/4 pomegranate
- 2 cups coconut milk for boiling quinoa (or can use water)
- 1 Tbsp or less of maple syrup (Grade B)
- Fresh figs
- Sunflower seeds
- Optional add ins: apples, kiwi, almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, pine nuts, walnuts, pecans, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, flax, strawberries, cashew cream for topping
1) Cook quinoa in coconut milk (1 cup quinoa to 2 cups coconut milk). Place quinoa in a covered pot with coconut milk and bring to a boil, then let simmer until soft (about 15 minutes).
2) Place quinoa in a bowl and refrigerate to cool quinoa
3) Chop up pears and figs. Tear spearmint into small pieces.
4) Seed a pomegranate and add seeds to chopped mixture.
5) Add sunflower seeds (and other seeds and nuts)
Add all ingredients to cooled quinoa and then mix in a small amount