Biotin aka Vitamin B7 aka Vitamin H
Biotin (Vitamin B7) is one of the water-soluble vitamins in B Complex. Biotin helps convert the food that we eat into energy. It is essential for these processes.
Biotin plays a major role in maintaining the health of our skin, hair, and nails, helping us keep a young and healthy appearance. It is commonly added to hair and skin products. Unfortunately, biotin is not readily absorbed through the skin and oral and injectable versions are more beneficial.
What Foods Contain Biotin?
- Eggs (Vitamin B7 is found exclusively in the yolk of the egg and is not present in egg whites)
- Organ Meats
Signs of Biotin Deficiency:
- Dry skin, irritated skin
- Brittle nails/hair
- Decreased energy and chronic fatigue
- Digestive issues
- Muscle aches and pain
- Nerve damage
- Mood instability
- Neuropathy/Tingling in hands and feet
- Memory impairments
- Muscle cramps
Health Benefits of Biotin (Vitamin B7):
- Supports a Healthy Metabolism
- May Improve Glucose Intolerance and help balance blood sugar, especially in Type II DM
- Maintains Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails
- Protection of Brain Function and cognitive decline
- Cardiovascular System Benefits
- Thyroid and Adrenal Function Support
- Aid in Building and Repairing Muscles and Tissues
One of the greatest benefits of biotin is hair lose prevention! If you suffer from female/male pattern baldness, this is a safe and effective treatment.
The RenŪ Progressive Medicine team carries 2 forms of biotin!
We carry an oral version by Life Extension as well as an injectable version.
What is the advantage of a Biotin Shot?
- 100% absorption!
- Higher doses can be administered!
- Less oral supplements you have to take daily!
How can I start biotin injections and what is the cost?
- You must see a healthcare practitioner that can prescribe vitamin therapy
- You must have a prescription on file
- Injections can be billed to insurance but the vitamins in the injections cannot
- Cost can vary depending on insurance coverage for injections and the cost of the vitamin being injected
- Please contact the clinic for more details
- Package deals are available