What is Chinese Medicine?
East Asian medicine has existed for thousands of years. It is a gentle and subtle medicine that allows for optimal health. Chinese medicine seeks to find balance or homeostasis within the body by using: acupuncture, warming therapies or moxibustion, Chinese herbal formulas, bodywork, and assessing the meridians through tongue and pulse. Chinese medicine practitioners look at the whole body as if it were a garden. The lens through which Chinese medicine practitioners see the body is a holistic viewpoint. The body has the capacity to heal; Chinese Medicine helps guide the body to a state of health and vigor.
Acupuncture is a non-opioid treatment option for acute and chronic pain conditions according to the Center for Disease control.
Acute and Chronic Pain Conditions
Have you been diagnosed with an acute or chronic pain condition? Or perhaps you have an achy muscle and need relief. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine helps mitigate pain by decreasing inflammation, stimulating nerves and connective tissue to get you back to best pain-free self. Chinese medicine is effective for addressing a wide variety of health issues, including but not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal pain, sports injuries, whiplash
- Headaches & migraines
- Insomnia: inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, wake unrested
- Asthma, allergies, colds, deficient immune system
- Digestive complaints, IBS, diarrhea, acid reflux, constipation
- Chronic illness: Rheumatoid arthritis, Lyme disease, chronic fatigue
- Emotional symptoms: depression, anxiety, sadness, stress
- Women’s health: PMS, cramps, fertility, menopausal symptoms, dysmenorrhea